Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Vsit To The A.M.N.H

The trip to museum very exciting , ex specially cause i have never been there. We were given questions by Dr. Smith to answer. We had a question about the greenhouse gasses, which are ,nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide and methane. They make up 90% of the earth atmosphere. Greenhouse gasses blanket the earth and keep it 33 degrees Celsius warmer than it would be without these gasses in the atmosphere, that is called the greenhouse effect. At the museum there was a monitor that shows us a graph, and showed us visually how this effected the earth. People call this era of climate change global warming, They say there is a fear that if people keep producing these gasses that it will in a negative way for nature,such as more severe floods and droughts, increasing prevalence of insects, and rising of sea levels. This seems a big scary to me. Although "The Day After Tomorrow" was a movie, it seemed so real and so possible. I mean is the really going to happen if we keep producing theses gasses. I feel it has to be semi true because as my class watched "An Inconvenient Truth" , Al Gore showed a frighteningly similar outcome of what Manhattan might look like. And now that i think about it a glacier did break off in Antarctica. Is this the beginning of the in. I believe movies are based of truth but sold because of the exciting fiction that is put into in. But i haven't watched that movie in years, (OK I'm not that old so i will say a year) and i never stopped to think that we are the cause of it. Will it be so bad that the ice Glaciers melt and animals that need to survive die cause that is there living environment? Or will we just wait until a snow storm cover Greenland and eliminates all of their mankind.

Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is a colorless, odorless non-flammable gas and is the most prominent Greenhouse gas in Earth's atmosphere. Given this decription of the colorless orderless gas that is dangerous. We as people usually have CO2 detectors in our home we use it to keep from danger. So why it is oblivious to the world that CO2 is hurting our Environment.

I am Actually glad that we had this trip because it gave me a chance to open up my mind and think in a way i have never thought before. All of this makes me want to think greena and stop using plasic and recycle. I want to try to make my world a better place. not only for me but for those way way way after me. But if we keep going at the rate we are goin we are not going to have a world to protect and keep safe

No comments: